Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:ITS Help Desk Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Software and User Services
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
This job involves assisting college staff and students with a variety of technical hardware and software problems, as directed by the Information Technology Services department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install and provide maintenance for PC computers, printers, and related equipment college-wide.
- Install and keep current the software for printers and related equipment college-wide.
- Maintain the production software deployment suite and coordinate with ITS staff to move developed packages from the development to production environment.
- Deploy computer images to labs and employee computers.
- Provide first level technical hardware and software support; operate the SVCC help desk.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document hardware and software issues in a timely fashion using ticket based software to follow process, resolution, and create a knowledge base.
- Plan and develop mini-training workshops and/or videos on relevant topics.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must display professionalism and confidentiality in all matters.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be dependable, accurate, self-motivated, organized, have initiative, and be able to prioritize workload.
- Must possess excellent computer skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisors.
Daily contact with College personnel, faculty, students, and the general public in the routine performance of duties and departmental services.
No supervision required.
High school diploma or equivalent education and experience. Experience with computers and troubleshooting preferred. Preference may be given to applicants with enrollment in or completion of SVCC CIS courses.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.