Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Student Services
DEPARTMENT:Academics and Student Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
The benefits navigator connects students with resources or points of contact for any federal, state, or local program that provides assistance or benefits for which they are eligible. This individual also coordinates the sharing of information related to these resources across the campus community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Detailed understanding of eligibility requirements for benefit programs and campus-wide and community resource support.
- Participate in a state-wide consortium to share and develop best practices as they help students obtain needed benefits and assistance to reach their educational goals. The public university consortium will be overseen by the Illinois Board of Higher Education, and the Illinois Community College Board will oversee the community college consortium.
- Attend training sessions for benefits navigation.
- Assist students at SVCC in determining eligibility for benefit programs and identifying campus-wide and community resource support.
- Coordinate and provide culturally specific resources, including resources for non-English speakers, to support students at SVCC.
- Develop an internal process to enable students at SVCC to provide feedback and recommendations on how the University can better assist students in determining eligibility for benefit programs and applying for assistance under benefit programs.
- Coordinate a task force of relevant internal and external stakeholders to annually review relevant local, state, and federal resources for SVCC students.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct duties and responsibilities in the midst of other responsibilities.
- Serve as a resource to faculty and staff.
Frequent and personal contact is made with all levels of college personnel, faculty, students, and organizations in relation to specific departmental duties and services.
Bachelor’s degree is required.
Bachelor’s degree is required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.