TITLE:Manager of Campaign Operations and Alumni Engagement
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Institutional Advancement
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
This position is responsible for planning and coordinating a successful comprehensive campaign to raise philanthropic support for the Sauk Valley College Foundation. The timeline for this position is estimated to run 2018 through 2021. The Manager of Campaign Operations and Alumni Engagement is responsible for communication and coordination of campaign related activities throughout the organization. He or she will create and monitor the execution of all work plans related to campaign activities and will monitor and report on campaign achievements and progress toward all goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine the overall strategic concerns and planning multi-year, multi-faceted approaches to fundraising programs in support of all SVCF program areas.
- Develop an overall strategic plan and work plan for an integrated campaign model that supports the overall mission of the Foundation.
- Provide oversight responsibility and monitor timeline for campaign including long-term campaign and marketing plans.
- Provide direction for and support to all facets of the campaign, for example, related volunteer committees, agenda development, and follow-up reports.
- Evaluate status of solicitation pipeline and make projections regarding anticipated progress toward goals, and monitor progress against the campaign operating plan to ensure timelines are followed.
- Monitor and support implementation of internal and external campaign communications: draft key campaign-related correspondence for the President, Executive Director of the SVC Foundation, and SVCF Board President, as needed.
- Work with campaign consultants to ensure the completion of campaign materials.
- Plan and execute events including high-level cultivation, campaign kick-off, and celebration events.
- Develop and execute a donor recognition strategy and ensure that all gift documentation is complete for campaign gifts.
- Serve as the key coordinator in charge of tracking and reporting activity for all leadership gift prospects; help build and maintain a pipeline of prospective donors; manage reporting system for this activity; and provide primary support and direction activity with campaign prospects, including travel schedule.
- Establish and guild relationships with a wide range of alumni to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of SVCC.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni giving, serving as a liaison between the Foundation Board, Board of Trustees, and academic and administrative leadership.
- Provide strategic leadership to the SVCC Alumni Committee, including annual objectives for alumni engagement, meeting scheduling, agenda development, and communications.
- Initiate, plan, and direct the overall mission of the SVCC Alumni Association with a focus on increasing financial support of the institution.
- Assumes all other reasonable and professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including social media
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and organize multiple assignments exercising independent judgment
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and other individuals.
- Must be highly organized and able to coordinate events.
- Must have the ability to connect with people within and outside of the College
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, the general public and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent education and experience. Strong communication and interpersonal skills that include understanding general marketing and social media, professionalism, confidentiality, and positive attitude are required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.