Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Facilities
- Assistant Director of Facilities
TITLE:Campus Safety and Security
SUPERVISED BY:Chief Safety and Security Officer
CATEGORY:Full-time and Part-time Support
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Provide customer-focused security services for the buildings, grounds, equipment and occupants of Sauk Valley Community College. The Campus Safety and Security position will work to ensure a safe learning and working environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform at least two full safety and security patrols of the buildings and grounds per 8-hour shift and other regular partial patrols (25% tort)
- Provide security and/or escort assistance as requested (5% tort).
- Provide direction and assistance to campus visitors as requested.
- Open and close the building according to daily needs; prevent unauthorized entry (13% tort).
- Ensure security-related rules and policies of SVCC are followed and enforce them as needed (3% tort).
- Maintain a daily activities log; file incident reports as needed (5% tort).
- Perform duties as a member of the Crisis Management team in emergency situations (5% tort).
- Monitor internal and external cameras (5% tort).
- Maintain and perform weekly/monthly safety and security inspections (12% tort).
- Assist in monitoring College safety-related programs (5% tort).
- Move furniture; participate in arranging and setting up for special occasions as requested.
- Operate all relevant building and grounds equipment according to daily needs, including lighting and snow removal equipment.
- Clean lavatories and replenish lavatory supplies as scheduled.
- Provide backup support for information center as needed.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of a community college.
- Must be able to understand and provide verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to other staff.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to use external communications devices during emergency conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs., pull/push a minimum of 500 lbs. on a cart.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, and policies.
Contact is made as appropriate with all levels of College staff and general public.
No supervision required.
HS diploma or GED, valid driver’s license, and a good driving record are required. Associate’s degree in criminal justice and one year of related experience preferred. Certification in First Aid, CPR, AED, Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), and Mental Health First Aid must be completed within a set probationary period.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.