Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Small Business Development Center Administrative Assistant
SUPERVISED BY:Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
DEPARTMENT:Small Business Development Center
CATEGORY:Part-time Support (Grant Funded)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
The Administrative Assistant will devote 80% of their time to perform highly responsible administrative assistant duties for the Small Business Development Center and 20% of the time for administrative assistant duties for Sauk Valley Community College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and manage the activities of the Center, including day-to-day operations, coordinating meetings, and processing of financial records, travel, and communication.
- Assist in the management of the Center budgets and ordering Center supplies.
- Prioritize incoming calls, visitors, correspondence, and reporting for the Center.
- Maintain confidential client files with detailed notes, signed documentation, important economic milestones, and capital funding records.
- Assist in the preparation of the Center Newsletter and Owned Media updates (Website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Assist in the preparation of workshops and training programs.
- Create detailed notes for clients and advisory board interactions.
- Interact with multiple SVCC departments and handle any requests as needed.
- Interact with SVCC departments and visitors, clients, community leaders, and legislative officials and assist with any requests as needed.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and organize multiple assignments exercising independent judgment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and other individuals.
- Must be highly organized and able to coordinate events.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated work-study personnel.
Associate’s degree in a business-related field and three (3) to five (5) years of responsible administrative assistant experience required. Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field and small business experience preferred. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheets required. Must have good communication and human relations skills. Experience creating and posting social media content, including newsletter development preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.