TITLE:Small Business Development Center Advisor (90%/10%)
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Small Business Development/Economic Outreach (90%/10%)
DEPARTMENT:Small Business Development Center
GRADE:Professional - Technical
CATEGORY:Full-time / Grant Funded
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
The advisor will devote 50% of their time in direct client advice and 50% for the operational duties for the Small Business Development Center at Sauk Valley Community College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with clients, community leaders, legislative officials, and SVCC visitors.
- Maintain confidential client files with appropriate records.
- Assist in the client research for business resources and market information to be used in business plans and other advising assistance.
- Market the SBDC on all owned media including the SBDC website and social media accounts.
- Assist in the completion of monthly reporting.
- Organize and manage the day-to-day activities of the Center, including but not limited to: coordinating meetings, marketing the SBDC, and processing of financial and travel documents.
- Purchase office supplies, marketing materials, and other as needed items.
- Perform office functions including correspondence, preparation of reports, ordering supplies, and various other administrative operations.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and organize multiple assignments exercising independent judgment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and other individuals.
- Must be highly organized and able to coordinate events.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated work-study personnel.
B.A or B.S. degree in business, economics, accounting, or equivalent field required. Experience in marketing and office management is preferred. Must have good communication and human relations skills experience and office management experience.
1/1/2018; 5/15/2018; 9/27/2018
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.