Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Non-Credit Instructor for the SVCC Police Academy
SUPERVISED BY:Director of the SVCC Police Academy
DEPARTMENT:SVCC Police Academy
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Instruct cadets in the SVCC Police Academy in both the traditional and computerized environment. Instructor will manage all aspects of the classroom and follow curriculum developed by the ILETSB.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, prepare, and provide classroom instruction following ILETSB curriculum.
- Develop syllabi, follow the course curriculum, and schedule.
- Authenticate students’ identification, track attendance, report students who completed the course with appropriate paperwork, and submit reports in a timely manner.
- Notify supervisor when classroom supplies are running low and of other concerns within the classroom and/or program.
- Attend department meetings as needed.
- Be prepared to provide instruction remotely / virtually when necessary.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to students.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Competency with applicable software systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Maintains regular contact with appropriate personnel to ensure that programs within the SVCC Police Academy function effectively.
The instructor will have an educational background and/or experience necessary to meet the minimum standards of instruction established by the SVCC Police Academy for any established curriculum. The College must be able to obtain approval from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board for instructional responsibilities within 1 year of employment. Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and advising skills are required. The instructor will be an individual of personal integrity and have a sincere interest and desire to impart knowledge and experience to the persons under instruction. Valid driver’s license is required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.