TITLE:Testing Center Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Testing Center Coordinator
CATEGORY:Part-time Professional Technical (hours vary and will include some evening hours)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Performs testing as needed at the College. This position works in the Testing Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the coordination of and administer state and local tests, including, but not limited to Accuplacer, ATI, Pearson VUE, and others as needed.
- Maintain and ensure the security of all testing materials in accordance with the College and outside agencies policies and procedures.
- Publicize, schedule, and conduct testing sessions in accordance with test center hours set by SVCC.
- Administer and verify the eligibility of testing candidates.
- Communicate test procedures and rules to students.
- Monitor candidates and resolve conflicts during testing to ensure a secure and quiet testing environment.
- Report any problems occurring during test sessions to the appropriate authorities.
- Prepare paperwork and documentation for testing programs.
- Maintain current qualifications with outside testing agencies.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate in person, email, and by telephone on a daily basis.
- Must be able to operate computers and perform basic troubleshooting.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to students.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work evenings as required.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, student, and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing routine departmental services and duties.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated work study students.
Bachelor’s degree required. One year of related experience required, preferably in teaching, training, counseling, or testing. Must have strong interpersonal and detail orientation skills.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.