TITLE:Senior Graphic Designer and Print Shop Supervisor
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Institutional Advancement
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Furnish the College with graphic design services, photography needs, and in-house printing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Propose and follow a College budget that supports College marketing efforts and print shop needs.
- Create designs for College employees and College related organizations.
- Prepare design files for in-house employees and outside vendors.
- Meet with faculty and staff for design needs such as graphics selection, layout, paper choice, and budget requirements.
- Meet with suppliers to ensure quality of printing of College materials.
- Perform high-quality in-house printing processes for faculty and staff.
- Responsible for the production, quotes, and scheduling of all outsourced printing and promotional material requests.
- Operate copier center equipment and related equipment involved in printing process, such as jogging and folding machines and electronic paper cutter.
- Photograph campus events, coordinate all photo shoots by outside vendors and maintain photo archives.
- Oversee paper inventory and ordering of stock and supplies.
- Oversee cleaning and maintenance of all equipment
- Keep records/logs and prepare monthly reports showing charges for printing services.
- Stay updated on design trends.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills..
- Must be able to communicate by telephone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and withstand periods of time standing, sitting, bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Must be proficient in layout and design software (e.g. Quark, Creative Suite, Microsoft Office) and basic computer operation.
- Must be proficient with pre-press specifications.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Daily interaction occurs with the supervisor. Frequent interaction and personal contact is made with all levels of College staff, faculty, students, and outside organizations in relation to specific departmental services and duties, and with vendors and suppliers pertaining to new products and applications.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over designated work-study personnel.
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or relevant field with at least five to seven years of desktop publishing experience required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.