TITLE:Assistant to Academic Services
CATEGORY:Full-time Support (30 Hours)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform administrative duties for Academic Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare load sheets, overload contracts, special contracts (e.g., Title IX, Faculty Leader) for full-time faculty.
- Collect syllabi and office hours for full-time and adjunct faculty; post in Banner.
- Responsible for creation of Honors classes in Banner (for full-time and adjunct) and follow-up documentation.
- Responsible for distribution of fall and spring course evaluations for full-time and adjunct faculty for online courses.
- Maintain Certificate of Insurance spreadsheet for academic internships (from CFO).
- Responsible for administrative duties related to the Curriculum Committee meetings: post agenda and committee minutes to FAST; act as recorder for meetings; maintain all curricular documentation (e.g., outlines, ICC program forms) for submission to ICCA, IAIA, Illinois Universities (for articulation), and HLC; maintain ELA master list; maintain and update the College catalog and curriculum committee manual.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Associate’s degree and two years of responsible secretarial experience required. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet required. Must have good communication and human relations skills.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.