TITLE:Administrative Assistant to Academic Services
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
DEPARTMENT:Business, Career, and Technical Programs
GRADE:Support- Grade 5
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible office and administrative duties for the Vice President of Academics and Student Services and the Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the vice president generate reports, contracts, class schedules, faculty schedules, program evaluations, dual credit contracts, MOU’s, schedules, and perform data entry for load sheets.
- Schedule the dean’s calendar, including making appointments, scheduling meetings and reserving meeting rooms as needed.
- Prepare correspondence and other necessary forms for the vice president and dean’s offices.
- Assist the vice president’s assistant as needed.
- Assist in training, assigning, and supervising College work-studies assigned to the division.
- Maintain office files for all part-time instructors in the division, as well as correspondence for the vice president.
- Coordinate classroom observations for all part-time faculty in the division.
- Maintain budgets for the academic services division, the Perkins Title IV funds, and Perkins grants.
- Organize Workforce Council meetings, take notes, and disseminate meeting minutes to all stakeholders.
- Assist the vice president in preparing annual Perkins plans and submitting the plans and necessary reports to ICCB.
- Assist the vice president in planning, preparation, organization, and implementation of in-service meetings for adjunct faculty.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated work-study students.
Associate’s degree and two years of responsible secretarial experience required. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet required. Must have good communication and human relations skills.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.