TITLE:Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Academics and Student Services
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Academics and Student Services
GRADE:Support - Grade 6
CATEGORY:Full-time Support Staff
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible office and administrative duties for the Vice President of Academics and Student Services and for the academics division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare correspondence, forms, load sheets, reports, contracts, class schedules, faculty schedules, and program evaluations.
- Schedule the vice president’s calendar, including making appointments, scheduling meetings and reserving meeting rooms as needed.
- Assist the vice president in preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
- Assist in training, assigning, and supervising College work-studies assigned to the division.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining faculty development budgets and paperwork.
- Responsible for obtaining and posting to the web page full-time faculty office hours and syllabi.
- Maintain office files for all full-time instructors, including tracking time off and preparation of time sheets for faculty.
- Responsible for creation of tutorial and honors project classes in Banner for full-time faculty. Supports the creation of class schedules, including additions, revisions, cancellations, and room assignments for each semester.
- Coordinate the distribution of commencement gowns for faculty members.
- Obtain instructor textbooks from publishers.
- Responsible for maintenance of the on-line catalog.
- Provide support and leadership to administrative assistants in the area.
- Provide assistance to faculty (full-time and adjunct) with questions and issues.
- Responsible for maintaining and submitting curriculum documentation to ICCB and IAI, and articulation of courses to major Illinois universities.
- Act as a recorder to the curriculum committee, post agenda and minutes to FAST.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated work-study personnel.
Associate’s degree and five years of responsible administrative assistant experience required. Experience in an academic setting preferred. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheets required. Must have good communication and human relations skills.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.