SUPERVISED BY:Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Provide College-wide technical support for the institution’s web capabilities; responsible for the design, creation, and deployment of the College’s internet and intranet sites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design public and internal web sites in collaboration with College departments for the overall look, feel, and functionality of college websites.
- Apply necessary scripting tools to create and maintain web pages.
- Create and maintain user documentation and training for the College’s content management system (CMS).
- Develop processes to maintain and improve web accessibility in accordance with Section 508, WCAG, and other applicable standards.
- Develop and maintain custom web database applications.
- Automate processes in the CMS and integrate the College website with other software packages.
- Consult with all areas of the College regarding marketing/currency and their area of the website.
- Develop and maintain the College’s iOS and Android mobile app.
- Create, pilot, implement, and maintain Foundation’s Impact mobile app.
- Lead the College’s web advisory committee.
- Conduct research into current and emerging web technologies.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibility as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have attention to detail, creative mind, and technical competence.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual recommendations of all users of technology.
- General physical effort required includes standing and walking, some bending, lifting (up to 50 lbs.) and reaching.
- Must possess excellent computer skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Suite, Cascade, and responsive design.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours as needed.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.