TITLE:Human Resources Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Human Resources
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible office and administrative duties for the Human Resources department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for on-boarding paperwork of all new employees.
- Responsible for terminating employees in BCBS, SISCO, and DBS.
- Responsible for employment verifications.
- Assist with the hiring process including job postings, advertisements, correspondence, and closing positions.
- Responsible for room setup, providing resumes, printing questions, and college and benefits overviews during the interview process.
- Responsible for FMLA’s and LOA’s including paperwork upon request, tracking, and ensuring the Business Office receives notification.
- Responsible for "Sauk Celebrates" program including coordinating event, booking presenters, and cards.
- Responsible for notifying SVCC health insurance providers of health insurance changes including enrollments, terminations, and qualifying events.
- Responsible for the flexible spending program including open enrollment.
- Work as a liaison between the health insurance providers and staff regarding health insurance claims.
- Perform office functions including correspondence, mail, preparation of reports, public relations, and maintenance of confidential information.
- Assist with recognition events including correspondence, ordering gifts, room setup, and working the event.
- Make appointments, schedule meetings, take minutes, and reserve rooms as needed.
- Maintain necessary supplies for the office.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the director.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to handle discreet and sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including social media.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and other individuals.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Associate’s degree and two years of responsible office experience required. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet required; experience with insurance claims processing preferred. Human Resources experience strongly preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.