Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Enrollment Management Assistant
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Serve as the initial point of contact for the one-stop area for the College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee operation of the Student Services Center front desk.
- Monitor the Student Services Center switchboard and forward telephone calls as needed.
- Monitor, retrieve, and forward voicemail messages from several telephone lines in the Student Services Center; answer or forward to appropriate staff.
- Provide information and assist with questions regarding the enrollment processes for both credit and non-credit offerings and refer inquiries as relevant to other staff.
- Assist visitors to the college with directions to specific rooms and information regarding scheduled meetings and events.
- Schedule appointments for the one-stop area and maintain on-call list(s).
- Update the user and service maintenance in the Who’s Next scheduling program for Academic Advising, Admissions and Records, and Financial Assistance.
- Build appointment availability schedules for all Academic Advisors in the Who’s Next scheduling program.
- Maintain the google availability schedule for reserving of offices for counseling appointments.
- Point of contact for the scheduling of the Student Services Center Information Desk for SVCC Student clubs, outside college representatives and community representatives.
- Update information including forms, handouts, and brochures in reception/resource area.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student files and records.
- Serve as a backup to the enrollment management specialists as needed.
- Assist in entering microfilmed records into Filebound, recognize duplicate files and combine into one record.
- Enter ICCB student survey results into BANNER.
- Maintain reservations for meetings as requested.
- Contact students for reminders of appointments/meetings.
- Update student contact information in BANNER, Who’s next, and Filebound
- Greet students, prospective students, staff, and visitors in a professional manner.
- Distribute proper forms with directions to students and collect for processing.
- Assist students at the computer kiosks or virtually by providing one on one instructions on how to access all student accounts.
- Provide information about SVCC services, resources, and events.
- Open and distribute mail for the Student Services Center.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual/written orders and presentations from supervisor and to the general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Some evening hours required.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, students, and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing information and assistance.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College student employees.
High School diploma or GED and (4) four years of customer service or related experience are required; associate’s degree preferred. The candidate must possess strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to listen and respond to inquiries with clear and concise directions. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a must. Experience with Banner preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.