TITLE:Enrollment Management Assistant
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Serve as the initial point of contact for the one-stop area for the College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide front-line information and assist with questions regarding enrollment processes and refer specific inquiries as relevant to other staff.
- Schedule appointments for the one-stop area and maintain on-call list(s).
- Update information including forms, handouts, and brochures in reception/resource area.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student files and records.
- Serve as a backup to the enrollment management specialists.
- Continually update knowledge base concerning SVCC processes.
- Maintain reservations for meetings as requested.
- Complete student appointment/meeting reminders.
- Greet students, prospective students, staff, and visitors in a professional manner.
- Distribute proper forms with directions to students and collect for processing.
- Refer students to the computer kiosks to complete tasks as appropriate.
- Provide information about SVCC services, resources, and events.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual/written orders and presentations from supervisor and to the general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Some evening hours required.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, students, and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing information and assistance.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College student employees.
High School diploma or GED and (2) two years of customer service or related experience are required; associate’s degree preferred. The candidate must possess strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to listen and respond to inquiries with clear and concise directions. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a must. Experience with Banner preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.