Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Assistant Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Facilities
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Assists the Director of Facilities directing the physical plan operations, including maintenance, grounds, custodians, security, and construction projects. Performs all duties of the supervisor in his/her absence. Directly supervises custodians and grounds personnel; and assists the supervisor in supervising other departmental staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and operation of the facilities department.
- Supervise the custodians and grounds personnel.
- Responsible for the development and execution of a preventative maintenance program.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct chemicals are introduced into boilers, cooling towers, and closed water systems.
- Operate and maintain mechanical equipment in the physical plan, including heating, ventilating, and air conditioning.
- Responsible for ensuring that an appropriate inventory of tools and supplies is kept on hand to accomplish routine tasks.
- Make periodic inspections of plan facilities and equipment for needed maintenance, repair, and replacements.
- Perform operations, maintenance and repair of building systems and equipment as well as facility maintenance and repairs.
- Train, instruct, and advise other facilities personnel in methods and procedures; assign and supervise work of support personnel.
- Perform designed personnel functions for the department, including promotion recommendations and disciplinary measures.
- Provide assistance/support during events held at the College.
- Responsible for the College recycling program and ensuring that the requirements of the Solid Waste Management Act (415 ILCS 20/1) are met.
- Provide assistance in the evacuation of personnel during emergency conditions.
- Responsible for the department’s Safety Program.
- Ensure the campus well and sewer systems are operated and maintained in according with governing laws and regulations.
- Act as the asbestos manager for the College.
- Act as the Director of Facilities in his/her absence.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and push/pull 500 lbs. on a cart.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours as needed.
Contact is made as appropriate with all levels of College staff, the general public, and civic groups pertaining to work requests, special arrangements, and set-ups for special events.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercises over the custodial and grounds personnel.
High school diploma or GED and valid driver’s license are required; college degree in related field is preferred. Five years of responsible grounds and custodial managerial experience (e.g., cleaning and sanitizing methods and materials, and floor care knowledge) and strong supervisory skills are required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.