Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Disability Support Services Tutor
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Disability Support Services
DEPARTMENT:Disability Support Services
CATEGORY:Part-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Assist students registered with Disability Support Services with academic problem solving.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tutor students in academic subject areas as assigned.
- Identify and refer students to appropriate supplementary materials.
- Assist students in the development of study skills and learning strategies.
- Monitor and assist students in using assistive technology, including the use of software and equipment aids for students with disabilities.
- Maintain current and accurate documentation regarding student contact and progress.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Director of Disability Support Services regarding student progress.
- Make referrals to other appropriate college resources as needed.
- Attend annual tutor training, supervision sessions, tutor meetings, and annual evaluation sessions with supervisor as requested.
- Assume all other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be comfortable working with students of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to provide oral/verbal responses to student questions, and assist faculty given general guidance.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on the needs of the department.
Frequent contact is made with students and faculty in relation to specific departmental duties and services.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field and experience which provides relevant knowledge and skills required. It is preferred that the tutor have experience in the course being tutored or a similar course; and/or experience in teaching similar curriculum. Must have the ability to quickly establish and maintain a good working relationship and rapport with staff and students.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.