Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Administrative Assistant - Adult Education
SUPERVISED BY:Program Director of Adult Education
CATEGORY:Part-time Support (Grant Funded)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible office and administrative duties for the Adult Education and VITAL programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform administrative duties for Project VITAL and Adult Education programs, including but not limited to, preparing correspondence and other necessary forms, answering the phone, providing general information and assistance upon request, opening/distributing mail, and providing assistance with instructional and program projects.
- Maintain organized files and individual files for all correspondence, instructional materials, tutors, and students by completing intake forms, typing, copying, and keeping careful records of reporting forms.
- Assist current and prospective participants, students, instructors, and tutors with relevant needs or questions through emails, phone calls, and mailings.
- Manage online registration of prospective Project VITAL students and tutors.
- Perform record keeping activities involving hours for volunteer tutors.
- Inventory supplies, books, instructional materials, and equipment used by tutors, students, and staff.
- Manage files and records necessary to complete and submit reports in accordance with governmental grant requirements.
- Assist in developing, planning, and coordinating promotional events for Adult Education and VITAL programs.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college
- Must have strong skills in customer services and possess good verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision is required.
High school diploma or GED with two years of responsible office experience required; associate’s degree is preferred. Proficiency in computer word processing and basic bookkeeping required. Bi-lingual is preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.