Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Facilities
- Assistant Director of Facilities
TITLE:Shield Collection Site Operator
SUPERVISED BY:Chief Safety and Security Officer
DEPARTMENT:Campus Safety and Security
CATEGORY:Full-time Support (Temporary)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform in a lead capacity to provide customer-focused services for Shield Testing following legal requirements and safety protocol. No interview: inadequate experience Perform in a lead capacity to provide customer-focused services for Shield Testing following legal requirements and safety protocol.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet visitors, log clients, and direct them through sample collection process.
- Use dedicated software and equipment to track samples.
- Collect, Sort, and transport samples to associated labs.
- Follow legal requirements, provide safety information, and ensure compliance with standard testing procedures.
- Set up, clean, maintain, tear down, and adjust testing site setup as needed.
- Dispose of properly labeled biohazard materials according to regulation.
- Assist in maintaining stock of consumable supplies.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment and PPE, social distancing, and sanitation standards are followed.
- Adjust and respond to evolving deployment needs.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to understand and provide verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to other staff.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone and email on a daily basis.
- Able to use various external communications devices during emergency conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, and policies.
- Must be able to work varied shifts as needed.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and evidence of strong interpersonal skills.
Contact is made as appropriate with all levels of College staff and the general public.
No supervision required.
High school diploma or GED required; prior understanding or experience working with COVID-19 screening or transport and knowledge of medical safety protocols preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.