Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Health Professions Retention Coordinator
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Health Professions
CATEGORY:Part-time Professional/Technical (10 to 25 hours per week)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform tasks within the Health Professions Division designed to help decrease attrition and improve retention in the Nursing and Radiological Technology Programs within the SVCC service area. Assist students individually and in groups to ensure they become successful in their programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the SVCC retention department of Academic Advising and Counseling to provide services for the implementation of a study skills program/workshops/classes, including aspects of time management, study skills and planning, success strategies, test-taking strategies, etc.
- Be a point of contact or touchstone for referral of academically at-risk students from faculty and/or Dean.
- Focus on activities to increase student satisfaction, including collaboration and coordination of the Student Nurses Association of Illinois.
- Assist students and faculty with Canvas, Evolve, SIM charting, and ATI software for remediation and growth of critical thinking skills.
- Perform nursing test review with students to offer guidance with test-taking issues.
- Facilitate mentoring and/or tutoring program for nursing students.
- Participate in nursing faculty meetings and activities.
- Maintain professional competence through practice, continuing education, and professional activities.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support mission of the community college.
- Must be able to effectively communicate by telephone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal-visual information from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must be able to operate computers.
- 20% time spent standing while assisting students; 20% walking; 50% sitting; and 10% time spent physically moving equipment or supplies.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Contact is made as appropriate with all levels of College personnel, students, vendors, and suppliers in relation to departmental services and duties.
Functional supervision exercised over designated work-study students.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing and current Illinois RN license required; master’s degree preferred. Successful candidate should have experience working with retention and remediation of students. Must be highly organized, prioritize effectively, and display high level of integrity with student interaction.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.