First Year Experience (FYE)
Sauk Valley Community is committed to providing students with effective support systems to facilitate their success and empower their learning. A student’s first year is perhaps the most critical time to ensure that such systems, programs, and connections are in place. The First-Year Experience program at SVCC also connects students to valuable resources, tools, and the critical individuals on campus that provide valuable everyday support. The program sets up students for success in their first year and beyond. It involves all campus departments working together cooperatively to promote this essential experience for the students and form lasting bonds with our staff. Students can expect a high level of engagement from all Sauk personnel.
The First-Year Experience at Sauk Valley Community College consists of two components -the initial Orientation session and the First-Year Experience course (FYE 101) that is completed in the student’s first semester. Completing each is required of incoming degree-seeking students. Upon registering for the initial semester, a new student will receive a letter with an assigned date for the Orientation. That date can only be changed with permission of the Dean of Instruction, 815-835-6344.
- Student Success
- Resources and workshops to help you achieve success at Sauk and beyond
- Sauk Talk
- News and updates for students and community members
- SVCC Directory
- Important phone numbers and room numbers on campus
- Get Involved!
- Opportunities to get involved in student organizations and government
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Questions and answers about the FYE orientation class at SVCC.