New Student?Enroll Now
Current/Former Student?Make Appointment
Need More Info?View in SVCC CatalogRequest Info
The Computed Tomography (CT) certificate program is a full time one-semester program designed for the post-graduate radiologic technologist. Upon completion, the graduate will have the knowledge and skill to use computed tomography technology to produce cross sectional anatomic images of the human body for diagnostic testing, radiation treatment planning, and nuclear medicine PET scanning.
Work and Employment
CT certification will provide an increased chance of employment by increasing technologists' knowledge and skills to better meet the needs of employers and the public. Employment may be gained in hospitals, outpatient imaging centers, radiation therapy centers, mobile imaging, sales, and applications.
Students with proof of ARRT radiography certification, radiation therapist (ARRT) certification, or nuclear medicine technologist (ARRT or NMTCB) certification will be eligible to enroll in the CT program. A current license in medical radiation technology from the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA), Department of Nuclear Safety is required.
- Documentation of graduation from an ARRT approved radiography program.
- Evidence of active registration with the ARRT or registry eligible status.
- Documentation of completion of RAD 200-Phlebotomy, or equivalent course.
- Completion of RAD 223-Cross Sectional Anatomy, or equivalent course.
- Complete the College general admission procedure.
- File an application form with the Office of Dean of Health Professions.
- Two letters of recommendation on file in the Office of Dean of Health Professions.
- Appointment with Coordinator of Radiologic Technology.
- A "point system" will be utilized to evaluate all qualified applicants. Applicants will be awarded points for completion of specific general education and program admission requirements. These are explained in the Computed Tomography Admission Handbook.
The SVCC admission policy requirements and minimum Computed Tomography Academic Admission Requirements must be completed by the deadline of August 1st of the year the applicant wishes to be admitted.
Estimated Program Cost
|Course Fees||* $0.00||* $0.00||* $0.00|
|Total Tuition and Fees||$2,416.00||$6,020.16||$6,772.48|
* Note: Course fees may vary depending upon the classes that a student completes within an academic program. The course fee above is only an estimation and represents the maximum course fees possible; it is likely that course fees will be lower than the estimation above.