- District Office: 79 Grove Street, Prophetstown, IL 61277 / Prophetstown Elementary School: 301 West 3rd Street, Prophetstown, IL 61277 / Tampico Elementary School: 202 West 2nd Street, Tampico, IL 61283
- District Office: (815) 537-5105 / Prophetstown: (815) 537-2345 / Tampico: (815) 438-2255
- District Office: (815) 537-5102
- Kelly Ottens: email@example.com / Darren Erickson: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Karen Anderson, Principal of Prophetstown Elementary School; Kelly Ottens, Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Prophetstown Elementary
- The program is aimed to provide families and students opportunities for education. This is an "at-risk" prekindergarten program for children 3 to 5 years of age that live in the Prophetstown-Lyndon-Tampico school districts. The program attempts to meet the developmental needs of young children who are considered to be at-risk of academic failure or in need additional social experiences.
- The half-day prekindergarten classes are held Monday to Thursday. The morning classes meet from 8:15 to 11:00 AM and the afternoon classes meet from 12:30 to 3:15 PM. The program has certified early childhood teachers and support staff who hold developmentally appropriate activities. The program has nutritious snacks, monthly field trips and Family Activity Nights that are prepared by the district parent-coordinator staff, a Parent Education Library, Parent Information Nights, and opportunities to volunteer in classroom or Open Door Policy. Monthly activities and home visits are provided by Whiteside County Parents as Teachers for children from birth to 3 years of age. Weekly newsletters are distributed. To be accepted into the program, the child must live in the Prophetstown-Lyndon-Tampico school district, the child must turn 3 on or before September 1st and cannot turn 5 prior to September 1st of the enrollment year. The child must be completely potty-trained and screened by qualified staff and be up-to-date on physicals and immunizations. Parent must also submit a certified copy of the child's birth certificate. Buses are provided to all prekindergarten children to and from school free of charge. The cost is free to those who qualify.
- Services Provided
Transportation is provided
If this information is out-of-date or incorrect, please email any changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.