1. Do I need an appointment?
There are no appointments in the LC. We are open Mondays – Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.during the fall and spring semesters. Tutoring is offered on a walk-in basis; all you need to do is log in at the door.
2. Is the staff qualified to tutor me?
The staff in the LC is qualified to tutor students in almost all levels of courses offered at Sauk Valley Community College. Four employees have Bachelor’s, and one has an Associates. Student tutors are recommended by faculty and maintain a high grade point average in the classes they tutor.
3. Is there a time limit for how much time I can spend in the LC?
There is no time limit for how long students are allowed to stay in the LAC. You can come in for five minutes or stay all day.
4. Can I come into the LC even if I don’t need specific help with my homework?
Yes. The LC is a good place to meet friends, relax, and study, even if you don’t have any questions. A benefit of studying in the LC is that if questions do arise, there is help readily available.
5. Will the tutors check my homework for me?
It is not the tutor’s responsibility to check homework. Tutors are available to answer questions about homework and to clarify assignments. There are answer keys available for almost all of the math texts.
6. How much do I have to pay each time I come into the LC?
There is no charge for services offered in the LC.