Acceptable Forms of ID
- State issued Photo ID
- Government issued Photo ID
Study material can be found on the NATE website.
Prior to calling the SVCC Testing Center to schedule your exam you should select the exact exam you wish to take.
A list of exams along with their specifications can be found at: http://www.natex.org/site/341/Technicians/What-Tests-to-Take/KATEs/Specialty-Tests.
When preparing to take your exams at the SVCC Testing Center please make yourself aware of our hours. When scheduling give your self plenty of time to check in and complete your exam. All exams will be stopped and collected ten minutes prior to the close of day.
AccommodationsIf candidates have a need for accommodations, they must fill out the Request for Non-Standard Test Accommodations Form, and submit it to NATE at least 45 business days before the test session is to be scheduled. This will allow NATE staff time to notify the SVCC Testing Center and proctor of the required accommodation(s) and to ensure the accommodations are available. The form is available online at http://www.natex.org/site/333/Technicians/Test-Specifications/ADA.
Steps to Take the Exam
- Call the SVCC Testing Center at (815)835-6530 to schedule your appointment a minimum of 24 hour in advanced
- When scheduling your exam provide the Testing Center with your full name, NATE ID and/or valid email address .
- When scheduling your exam also, provide the Testing Center with your credit card information. All NATE exams must be paid for during the scheduling process
- Pay your $10 proctoring fee directly to the SVCC Business Office
- On the day of your scheduled exam bring a photo ID, your proctoring fee receipt, and your admission ticket
Fees vary based on the exam you will be taking. $10 proctoring fee will be paid directly to the SVCC Business Office