SVCC Closed 1/23

Sauk will be closed Wednesday, January 23, due to continued hazardous conditions.

Click here to close this message.

Sauk Makes it Possible — You Make it Happen

What to know before you go

Travel Outside of the United States

  • Must carry and unexpired F-1 visa for re-entry, or renew the F-1 visa in home country prior to re-entry (Canadian citizens are exempt from this requirement)
  • Must carry a valid passport
  • Must carry Form I-20 with a valid unexpired travel signature (do not wait until the last minute to request an updated signature)
  • Recommended to carry the SEVIS 901 fee receipt
  • Recommended to carry financial documentation
  • Recommended to carry a copy of a full time class schedule for the upcoming term
  • Students may not be asked to present every document listed at each re-entry, but it is a good idea to have all documents readily available, in case they are needed

TRAVEL and Optional Practical Training (OPT)

  • Risk involved in traveling during OPT
  • Travel outside of the U.S. while OPT application is pending voids the application
  • Students may travel after OPT is approved, but could be denied re-entry to the U.S. Carry an employment offer letter.
  • Re-entry to the U.S. while on OPT is legal, but point of entry officers (P.O.E.’s)have the authority to decide who is admissible to the U.S.
  • F-1 visa holders travelling while on OPT are encouraged to consult a DSO and to carry appropriate documentation
  • All F-1 students traveling internationally must have a valid “travel signature” from a DSO and should carry a copy of their class schedule.