Reimbursement for National Exam Fees
National Testing Program
What tests are approved?
Currently the only approved tests are:
- SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test)
- LSAT (Law School Admission Test)
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam)
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- AP (Advanced Placement Exam)
- CLEP (College-Level Examination Program)
- ACT (American College Testing Program)
- DAT (Dental Admissions Test)
- MAT (Miller Analogies Test)
- MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test)
- OAT (Optometry Admissions Testing)
- PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests)
- ECE (Excelsior College Examinations)
For more information or to see if a test is approved click here
What test fees does VA reimburse?
While VA will reimburse a person for required test fees, VA has no authority to reimburse a person for any optional costs related to the testing process. Test fees that VA will reimburse include:
- Registration fees
- Fees for specialized tests
- Administrative fees.
Fees VA will not reimburse include:
- Fees to take pre-tests (such as Kaplan tests)
- Fees to receive scores quickly
- Other costs or fees for optional items which are not required to take an approved test.
How Do I Apply For Reimbursement?
Before being reimbursed for any test fees you must be eligible for GI Bill®benefits. To apply for GI Bill®benefits click here.
You should also complete a VA Form 22-0810 (Application for Reimbursement of National Exam Fee).
You do not normally have to submit a receipt or proof of payment for the cost. However, in certain instances, it is necessary to submit this evidence. These situations are the following: DSST Tests & certain situations regarding the CLEP, MAT, and PCAT tests.
You can mail the required documentation to the Regional Processing Office which handles your claim (click here for contact information). Or you can use the "Submit A Question" section of the website to send the information required and attach copies of any required documents as an attachment to your submission.