SUPERVISED BY:Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
DEPARTMENT:General Education and Transfer
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Provide support and training for faculty to help provide quality on-campus and online instruction; facilitate the integration of appropriate technology and software into teaching/learning environments; support faculty and staff training needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist and train faculty in the exploration of new technologies, materials, and techniques for effective teaching and learning.
- In cooperation with the Online Learning Committee, assist faculty with the design and approval process of online courses in accordance with the College’s Online Course Design process.
- Collaborate with Information Services (IS) to administer and troubleshoot the current Learning Management System (LMS).
- Assist and train faculty to use of the College Learning Management System (LMS) and applicable integrations such as VeriCite and publisher integrations.
- Upon request, develop and deliver appropriate training to faculty and staff.
- Develop and maintain appropriate resources (e.g., training documents, job aids, Canvas training courses, and tutorials).
- Assist faculty and the Disability Support Office (DSO) in the acquisition, production, adaptation, or utilization of multimedia resources, including using the Lightboard video studio, for on-campus and online courses.
- Assist and train faculty in the best practices of Universal Design with attention to providing accessibility to online courses.
- Upon request, create e-learning objects (e.g., new student orientation) for subject matter experts.
- Assist the supervisor and other college departments with the development of curriculum for FYE.
- Assist the supervisor in preparing the departmental budget.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must exhibit strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours as needed
- Must be able to collaborate with others.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
Frequent and personal contact is made with all levels of College personnel, faculty, students, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in instructional technology, instructional design, or equivalent education and experience required; master’s degree preferred. Two years’ experience preferred in integrating technology into the classroom environment or training environment. Skills with several of the following required: learning management systems (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle), Google Apps, e-learning, multimedia production tools, classroom presentation technologies, and mobile devices. Experience designing course materials, online or hybrid courses, and training events; consulting with subject matter experts, such as faculty; teaching or training in a professional environment, community college experience, preferred. Must have an excellent work ethic, be detail oriented, able to work independently and in a team environment, and have strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.