TITLE:System Configuration Automation Administrator
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Software and User Services
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical (30 Hours - Remote)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for the operating system images, installation automation, and configuration for hardware and related software throughout the College. Maintain the College’s phone system configuration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, update, document, and test operating system images for College computers.
- Create, update, document, and test software packages, patches, and security patches.
- Create, update, document, and test scripts to automate installation and configuration of system driver, BIOS, software, and firmware updates.
- Monitor and respond to system errors and alerts.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain phone system configuration.
- Create, update, document, and test Active Directory group policy configuration changes.
- Document system and software issues and configurations in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain process and technical documentation and end-user documentation as requested by departments.
- Assist in maintaining and planning ITS budget and equipment requests.
- Provide backup support to other ITS personnel as assigned by supervisor.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must possess excellent computer skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours as needed.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Associate’s degree in computer science or related field, or comparable work experience required. Two years of experience administering Active Directory, using a scripting language such as auto IT, DB script, as well as remote access products recommended. Two years of relevant work experience required, with community college experience preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills; server and computer repair experience required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.