TITLE:Coordinator of Systems Administration
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Information and Security
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for the installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and related software throughout the College. Provide technical assistance for the College’s academic and administrative computing environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, monitor, and maintain computer, printer, and related equipment systems.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures for operating system and software deployment automation.
- Manage the imaging system and create, update, document, and deploy images to various computers.
- Manage the software deployment system and create, update, test, and deploy software packages, patches, and security patches.
- Manage system monitoring and auditing software to monitor and respond to system errors and alerts.
- Manage the phone system hardware and software.
- Responsible for Active Directory group policy configuration and application.
- Assist the Coordinator of Learning Technology and Support and Software Application Support Specialist to provide College staff, faculty, and students with technical assistance for hardware and software problems.
- Document system and software issues and configurations in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain process and technical documentation and end-user documentation as requested by departments.
- Assist in maintaining and planning ITS budget and equipment requests.
- Provide backup support to other ITS personnel as assigned by supervisor.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must possess excellent computer skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours as needed.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Associate’s degree in computer science or related field, or comparable work experience required. Two years of experience administering Active Directory, using a scripting language such as auto IT, DB script, as well as remote access products recommended. Two years of relevant work experience required, with community college experience preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills; server and computer repair experience required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.