Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Facilities
- Assistant Director of Facilities
TITLE:Accounting Assistant - Payroll
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible accounting activities involved in general business office functions, emphasis on preparation of payroll.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review time-reporting for all College employees to ensure compliance with College policy and State and federal regulations, including FSLA.
- Perform payroll calculation within College’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Prepare all documentation related to bi-weekly payroll; including, but not limited to reconciliation, payroll retention files, wage reporting, payroll checks, deduction checks, direct deposit and ACH submission files.
- Prepare payroll related ERP system set-up; including but not limited to earnings class rules, deduction rules, payroll calendar and retro-active benefits and pay.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of ERP system through provider training’s and coordination with Sauk Valley Community College Information and Technology Services (ITS).
- Participate in continuing professional development for payroll and accounting topics.
- Implementation and set-up of ERP system changes.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual federal and state payroll tax reporting.
- Conduct semi-annual audits of all payroll records.
- Prepare ERP set-up and reconciliation for annual employee tax reports.
- Assist employees with payroll process and documentation questions.
- Provide training to employees/supervisors regarding payroll policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality with employee payroll matters.
- Assist with account reconciliation.
- Assist and back-up other accounting functions in the Business Office.
- Perform cashiering functions; including but not limited to, assisting students with payments, payment plans, short-term loans and departmental receipts.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual communications with staff and students.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work evenings as required.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, student and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing departmental services and duties.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College work-study personnel.
Associate’s degree in accounting with four to five years of accounting experience or equivalent education and experience required. Knowledge of general accounting principles, experience with computerized accounting software, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality of payroll and student records required. Knowledge of Banner accounting software preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.