TITLE:Information and Mail Center Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Information and Security
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
GRADE:Support- Grade 3
CATEGORY:Full-time Support Staff
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Operate the main switchboard and perform general receptionist duties for the College; perform processing, receiving and distribution of outside mail and in-house mail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate the main switchboard for the College, including transferring calls to appropriate employees and departments; take messages, assist in the placement of outgoing calls, and provide routine general information upon request.
- Assist visitors to the College with directions to specific rooms and information.
- Operate the mailroom and shipping/receiving; process outgoing mail and packages, receive incoming mail and packages, and deliver packages to appropriate personnel.
- Book room reservations for meetings and special classes. Enter in Banner all activities held at the College outside of regularly scheduled classes.
- Coordinate special events, conferences, and equipment between appropriate College departments and outside parties who are using College facilities. Prepare weekly event summary for security and facilities personnel.
- Send out contracts and invoices for external bookings.
- Maintain the administrative night duty calendar.
- Assist as required in notifying students when classes are canceled.
- Record greeting messages for the college’s phone system and perform minor updates to the phone director.
- Assist security personnel in the event of 911 calls and maintain contact with security personnel by phone and/or radio.
- Maintain petty cash to replace money lost in vending machines on campus.
- Maintain "Lost and Found" items left at the College; place new items in collection and keep log of items.
- Train and supervise work-study students.
- Purchase supplies for office; track budget and expenditures.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual information from supervisor and to College personnel and general public.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
Frequent interaction and personal contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over designated work-study personnel.
High school diploma or GED required and one (1) year of clerical experience required. Associates is preferred. Demonstrated success in communication, interpersonal and computer skills required. Ability to work independently, maintain a high level of confidentiality, and respond maturely in emergency situations required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.