Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Vice President of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Information Technology
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Operate the main switchboard and perform general receptionist duties for the College; perform processing, receiving and distribution of outside mail and in-house mail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee operation of the main switchboard for the College, including transferring calls to appropriate employees and departments; take messages, and provide routine general information upon request.
- Assist visitors to the College with directions to specific rooms and information.
- Oversee operation of the mailroom and shipping/receiving; process outgoing mail and packages.
- Book room reservations for meetings and special classes. Enter in Banner all activities held at the College outside of regularly scheduled classes.
- Coordinate special events, conferences, and equipment between appropriate College departments and outside parties who are using College facilities.
- Prepare and track contracts and invoices for external bookings.
- Schedule the Dean’s calendar; book off-campus activities (e.g., conferences).
- Track budget and expenditures for Information Technology Services and Information Services.
- Maintain the administrative night duty calendar.
- Record greeting messages for the college’s phone system and perform minor updates to the phone directory.
- Assist security personnel with communication in the event of 911 calls and maintain contact with security personnel by phone and/or radio.
- Maintain petty cash to replace money lost in vending machines on campus.
- Train and supervise Information Center work-study students.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual information from supervisor and to College personnel and general public.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
Frequent interaction and personal contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated work-study personnel. Office procedures are coordinated with the supervisor.
High school diploma or GED required and one (1) year of clerical experience required. Associates is preferred. Demonstrated success in communication, interpersonal and computer skills required. Ability to work independently, maintain a high level of confidentiality, and respond maturely in emergency situations required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.