Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Information Technology Assistant
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Information Technology
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Serve as the assistant to Information Technology Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform responsible office and administrative duties for the Dean, including but not limited to, preparing correspondence and other necessary forms, answering the telephone, and assistance upon request.
- Answer and screen telephone calls, provide accurate information, and take messages as appropriate for the Information Technology division.
- Schedule the Dean’s calendar, including making appointments, scheduling meetings, and reserving meeting rooms as needed.
- Assist the Dean in monitoring the budget and tracking expenditures.
- Enter and monitor purchase requisitions.
- Order supplies, perform follow-up, and receive supplies.
- Maintain inventory for the department.
- Process and monitor travel requisitions and reimbursements for staff.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual information from supervisor and to College personnel and general public.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
Frequent interaction and personal contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Associates degree and three to four years of experience or equivalent education and experience required. Proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheets, and budgeting required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.