TITLE:Community Education Coordinator
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
DEPARTMENT:Business, Career, and Technical Programs
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Develop, market, and schedule program offerings for business, adults, youth, and general community of Sauk Valley Community College including non-credit and credit courses, and programs on-campus and off-campus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain relationships with area businesses, industry, and local, state, and federal government agencies for the purpose of co-developing events, classes and training.
- Develop a cost effective schedule of personal enrichment, professional development, and community events.
- Recruit, assign, and evaluate instructional staff to teach courses.
- Provide assessment of community education credit and non-credit classes and programs.
- Explore new courses and programs for credit and non-credit.
- Act as a liaison with chambers of commerce, city officials, economic development agencies, community organizations, local, state and federal agencies, and the University of Illinois Extension Office.
- Coordinate with the SVCC marketing department in development of campaigns for the community education schedule, flyers, brochures, publications for special programming, etc.
- Refer career program completers to Sauk Valley Community College Career Services.
- Coordinate educational and other community opportunities offered at external facilities.
- Prepare pertinent reports and submit to the supervisor.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to local community groups.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the capability to travel to the communities served by the College on an as needed basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products and social media.
- Must to be to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends; occasionally off-campus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Maintains regular contact with various departments, appropriate personnel, area coordinators, and faculty to ensure that programs in the community service area function effectively.
Functional supervision is exercised over work-study students.
Bachelor’s degree in education, curriculum development, marketing or related field with two years of experience communicating with public and private entities. Ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas: event and class hosting, planning and delivery, organizational skills, office products (word processing, spreadsheet, etc.), strong collaborative skills. An understanding of adult learning and seniors’ education, marketing, sales, employee training and community organization is required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.