TITLE:Human Resources Assistant
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Human Resources
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible office and administrative duties for the Human Resources department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for data entry and set-up of payroll deductions, beneficiaries and dependents, new hire information, and terminations into the Banner system and submission of EPAF’s (Electronic Personnel Action Form).
- Responsible for building positions, updating employee information, and updating tables in the Banner system.
- Set up and maintain current accurate personnel files for all staff including ensuring job descriptions and evaluations are completed.
- Responsible for completion and obtaining signatures for Recommendation for Appointments (RFA’s).
- Responsible for personnel document imaging system.
- Responsible for submission of new hire information, demographic information changes, retirements, event processing, and terminations to the State Universities Retirement System (SURS).
- Responsible for purchase orders, dental funding, and bill reconciliation for health insurance plans.
- Responsible for Affordable Care Act (ACA) data entry in the Banner system and reporting.
- Perform office functions including correspondence, mail, reports, maintenance of confidential information, schedule appointments/meetings, and reserve rooms as needed.
- Assist with updating job descriptions as requested.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to handle discreet and sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including social media.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and other individuals.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Associate’s degree and two to three years of responsible office experience or equivalent education and experience required. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet required; experience with insurance claims and payroll experience preferred. Human Resources experience strongly preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.