TITLE:Human Resources Assistant
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Human Resources
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible office and administrative duties for the Human Resources department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for data entry of new hire information into the Banner system, setting up payroll deductions, and terminations.
- Set up and maintain current, accurate personnel files for all staff.
- Assist with the personnel document imaging.
- Perform office functions including correspondence, mail, reports, maintenance of confidential information, schedule appointments/meetings, and reserve rooms as needed.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to handle discreet and sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including social media.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and other individuals.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Associate’s degree and two years of responsible office experience or equivalent education and experience required. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet required; experience with insurance claims and payroll experience preferred. Human Resources experience strongly preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.