TITLE:Small Business Development Center Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Small Business Development/Economic Outreach (90%/10%)
DEPARTMENT:Small Business Development Center
GRADE:Professional - Technical
CATEGORY:Full-time / Grant Funded
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
The specialist will devote 75% of his or her time in direct client advice and 25% assisting with training and special activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct client advice assistance.
- Maintain client files with appropriate records included.
- Provide referrals to other appropriate Department of Commerce programs.
- Assist in the completion of monthly reporting.
- Make use of skills in the use of computers and business related software.
- Research and develop material necessary for client needs.
- Assist in the production of promotional materials for the Center (e.g., flyers and newsletters).
- Develop marketing plans for training programs.
- Develop SBDC training programs and analyze impact on participants.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and organize multiple assignments exercising independent judgment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and other individuals.
- Must be highly organized and able to coordinate events.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
B.A or B.S. degree in business, economics, accounting, or equivalent field required. Experience in business management and/or financial business analysis (banking) is preferred. Must have excellent communication skills.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.