Sauk Impact Program
Building Bright Futures Through
The SVCC Impact Program will harness the collective power of Sauk Valley partners and communities to create an effective, supportive, sustainable path for students to pursue a college education and achieve career success through lifelong learning, public service and economic advancement.
WHAT IS THE EARNED TUITION PROGRAM?
SVCC’s earned-tuition program provides eligible students, who graduate within the Sauk district, the opportunity to earn tuition and fees for up to three years at SVCC, or until they earn their certificate or degree— whichever comes first.
HOW DO STUDENTS QUALIFY?
- Register for the program by September 1 of their freshman year
- Progress with the rest of their class (graduate on time or early)
- Participate in 100 hours of community service before high school graduation (25 hours per year)
- Graduate from a high school or home school program located within the SVCC district
- Apply for at least one other local/state/national scholarship
- Complete the FAFSA—if ineligible to apply for FAFSA—complete the FAFSA forecaster
WHAT EXPENSES ARE COVERED?
- All Fees
- For program-eligible students who graduate in the top 10% of their class, books are covered
- Tuition and fee pricing is applied at tiered rates for students who commit after the freshman year, September 1 date
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR REMAINING IN THE PROGRAM?
- Maintain good academic standing—2.0 GPA per semester
- Be enrolled in a certificate, degree or transfer program
- Complete 25 hours of community service per year
WHEN CAN STUDENTS START SIGNING UP?
High school students who will graduate from an SVCC in-district high school or home school program in 2026 or after are eligible to sign up for the Impact Program. The enrollment period begins at the end of a student's 8th grade year and continues until September 1 of their freshman year of high school.
- Students who sign up by September 1 of their freshman year of high school are eligible for 100% earned tuition and fees.
- Students who sign up by September 1 of their sophomore year of high school are eligible for 75% earned tuition and fees.
- Students who sign up by September 1 of their junior year of high school are eligible for 50% earned tuition and fees.
- If a student has been dismissed from the Impact Program, they are not eligible to sign up again in a future year.
For more information regarding SVCC's Impact Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 835-6650.
Ashleigh Sorenson, Impact Program Director
Phone: (815) 835-6373
Brittany Devereueawax, Impact Program Coordinator
Phone: (815) 835-6228
Sarah Partington, Student Recruiting and Impact Coordinator
Phone: (815) 835-6266