Reverse Transfer of Credit
Complete the degree you started at Sauk Valley Community College through Reverse Transfer of Credit.
What is Reverse Transfer of Credit?
Reverse transfer means that a former Sauk Valley Community College student who has also completed coursework at an Illinois public university may be eligible to use the prescribed coursework toward the completion of an associate degree from Sauk Valley Community College.
Why Complete an Associate Degree After Transferring?
- It demonstrates a marketable credential on your resume.
- It illustrates your ability to plan, to persevere, and to achieve your goals
- It reflects the achievement of an important milestone in your academic and career path
Reverse Transfer of Credit Process
For students who previously attended Sauk Valley Community College and transferred to another Illinois public university before completing an associate Degree at SVCC:
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions you have attended. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Admissions & Records Office at SVCC and fill out the Transcript Evaluation Request.
- Once an evaluation of transfer credit is completed and prescribed credits are posted to your SVCC student record, you will be notified through e-mail. If any degree requirements remain outstanding, you are encouraged to meet with an SVCC advisor to complete a plan for degree completion.
For more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the credit hour requirements to participate in Reverse Transfer of Credit?
- A student must fulfill the degree residency requirement at SVCC. This means a student must have completed at least 16 college level credits towards an associate degree at SVCC.
- In addition, a student must have completed at least 48 credits of additional coursework to graduate. In total, each participant must have earned at least 64 credit hours of college level coursework to be considered for a general transfer associate degree at SVCC.
Are there any additional SVCC graduation requirements?
A student must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0, fulfill all financial obligations to the College, and any additional graduation requirements listed in the College catalog.
Are there any costs to participate?
The institution you transferred to normally will charge a transcript fee to send an official transcript back to SVCC. Please note, some colleges and universities provide free transcripts for the sole purpose of Reverse Transfer of Credit. You may find out more information at the college you attend within the Office of the Registrar.
Are students guaranteed a degree from Sauk Valley Community College?
No. Sauk Valley Community College will evaluate the course work you completed at SVCC, along with the transfer credit you have earned at another university, and then determine if the associate degree requirements have been met. Sauk Valley Community College will notify you accordingly if you qualify for an associate degree based on the total credits you have earned.
Template Source: City Colleges of Chicago