Students with documented disabilities are encouraged to contact Disability Support Services (DSS) early in their enrollment planning to determine reasonable and appropriate accommodations. Eligibility and registration for services through DSS is independent from registration for classes. All students requesting services must meet with the Program Director each semester before accommodations or auxiliary aides will be extended.
New students to Sauk see “How to Enroll - New Student.”
Taking the placement test? The tests are untimed. If you are requesting accommodations, you must meet with DSS at least one week prior to testing.
Schedule an appointment with DSS by calling 815-835-6220.
- This initial appointment will last approximately one hour. Be prepared to discuss your disability.
- No accommodations will be provided without an intake consultation with the Program Director.
- Submit documentation of disability.
- Please note that a request for alternative text materials must be made two (2) weeks in advance to ensure time to secure the materials.
- Braille materials may take up to six months to secure.
- Requests for accommodations and auxiliary aides should be accompanied by supporting documentation of a disability.
- An Individualized Education Plan (IEP), 504 plan or Summary of Performance (SOP) are useful but may not be sufficient documentation.
- SVCC is not bound by an IEP, 504 plan or SOP from another institution or organization.
- Documentation of a disability is stored separately from academic records and should be submitted directly to DSS.
- Find additional information on documentation of a disability.
- Secure Fax
- Sandra Geiseman, Program Director of Disability Support Services