Below you will find a checklist for the Academy at Sauk Valley Community College. There is also additional information to assist you with the application process.
Please check off each item to certify completion.
- Completed Application submitted including Student Essay questions
- Completed Counselor Recommendation Form submitted directly from the high school counselor
- Completed Sauk Valley Community College Student Information Form
- Current Official High School Transcript submitted (through 5th Semester)
- Test scores submitted (ACT or SVCC placement) or ENG 101 Grade reported
Admission will be determined by a point system. One student with the most points from each district high school will be admitted (one guaranteed seat per school). The other seats to total 25 will be selected from the additional applicants. A waitlist will be established if there are more qualified applicants then seats available.
Points will be determined by:
- High School GPA (0-10)
- English Placement or ENG 101 grade (0-3)
- Essay Rubric Average (0-9)
- High School Counselor Recommendation Average (1-5)
Students are responsible for the tuition and fees for classes enrolled each term based on the reduced dual credit model.
- 75% of current tuition and fees
- 50% of current tuition and fees with documented reduced lunch or income verification
- 25% of current tuition and fees with documented free lunch or income verification
Students are also responsible for course fees and purchasing books and/or supplies required for individual classes.