General Information

The Illinois Student Assistance Commission and Illinois Department of Veteran Affairs provide tuition waivers for eligible Illinois Veterans to any state supported Illinois institution of higher learning. Visit http://www.isac.org/for more information about State of Illinois benefits.

Illinois Veteran Grant (IVG):Provides tuition assistance for up to 120 units (12 units = one full-time semester). Veteran must have been an Illinois resident before and after serving on active duty. Veteran must also have received an honorable discharge and 1) served at least one year of active duty, 2) have served in a combat zone, or 3) been medically discharged for a service-connected disability.

Illinois National Guard Grant (ING): Student must have completed one year of service in the Illinois National Guard and must currently be an enlisted member or company-grade officer.

MIA/POW Scholarships: For dependents of a veteran who lived in Illinois before and after serving on active duty and has: 1) been declared permanently disabled while on active service, 2) died as a result of a service-connected disability, or 3) been a Prisoner of War (POW) or listed to be Missing in Action (MIA).