Eligibility for these programs is determined after you complete the FAFSA. See the process for applying for State and Federal Grants.
State Sponsored Financial Aid Programs (ISAC)
- Monetary Award Program (MAP)
- The State of Illinois provides an opportunity for all Illinois residents to receive an award for tuition and approved fees. The amount of the award is based upon financial need as computed by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission. Students enrolled for at least three credit hours of undergraduate study are eligible for the program. The monetary award is not based upon academic achievement, test scores, or high school rank. No repayment is required. Early application for the Illinois Student Assistance Commission Monetary Award is encouraged. Apply using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG)
- Illinois veterans who served one year of active duty, received an honorable discharge, were residents of Illinois six months before entering and returned to Illinois within six months of discharge, and are currently residents of Illinois may have their tuition and approved fees paid for. Please visit the Veterans Services portion of our website for more information.
- Illinois National Guard
- Must be currently in the Illinois Army or Air National Guard and have served for at least one year in the Illinois Army or Air National Guard. Any recipient under this program is entitled to payment of tuition and approved fees. Iowa residents who are active members of Illinois National Guard are eligible to receive the grant. Students must apply annually for the grant. Please visit the Veterans Services portion of our website for more information.
For more specific information on these programs you can contact ISAC at 1(800) 899-4722 or visit their web site at www.isac.org.
Federally Sponsored Financial Aid
- Federal Pell Grants
- Students enrolled in an eligible program may apply using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Contact the Office of Financial Assistance or your high school counselor for further information on how to apply.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
- Students with demonstrated need enrolled in eligible programs for at least three credit hours of study are eligible to apply. Award preference is given when all paperwork is completed in the Office of Financial Assistance by March 1.
- Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)
- The Federal government and the College provide funds for part-time employment opportunities for students who are enrolled as half-time students or more and who need financial assistance in order to attend college. Award preference is given when all paperwork is completed in the Office of Financial Assistance by May 15.
- Federal Direct Loan Program (subsidized and unsubsidized)
- Direct loans are available for students attending at least half-time at SVCC. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) first. Subsidized loans are based on financial need. Unsubsidized loans are not based on need. Applications are available online and in the Office of Financial Assistance.