Why should you join Student Government?
- Because you can...
- serve on college-wide committees alongside faculty & staff.
- represent the student body to the SVCC administration.
- assist with planning and organizing campus-wide activities.
- assist with community service projects.
- assist with the recognition process for new student organizations.
- assist with allocating money to existing and new student organizations.
- gain valuable leadership experience.
- hone your problem solving, decision making, presentation and communications skills.
- make new and lasting friendships!!
What are the Minimum Qualifications
- Anyone who is regularly enrolled and who has a minimum G.P.A. of 2.0 (as determined by the Office of Admissions, Records and Placement) may be a member of Student Government.
- Members must be able to attend all meetings held every other Wednesday at 12:30pm (during the activity hour).
- Members must be willing to learn and follow parliamentary procedure during meetings.
- Officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer/Public Relations & Secretary, Student Trustee) must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours, have a cumulative 2.5 G.P.A. and be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours each semester during term of office.
- The Student Trustee must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours, have a cumulative 3.0 G.P.A. and be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours each semester during term of office.
- All members must be willing to learn and have a GREAT time!!