518.01 Sex Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct
Sauk Valley Community College is committed to fostering a safe, productive learning environment and does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its’ educational programs or activities. Title IX and College Policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender or sex. Sexual misconduct including sex-based harassment, domestic and dating violence, sexual assault, exploitation, and stalking are prohibited acts. All forms of sexual misconduct or other identified acts of prohibited conduct under the College’s policy is regarded as serious, and violations can result in discipline, including possibility of separation from the College. In accordance with Title IX and Sexual Misconduct/Discrimination policy, Sauk Valley Community College will develop procedures that:
- Comply with the most recent State and Federal Regulations pertaining to Sexual Misconduct in Higher Education.
- Highlight the College’s commitment to address sexual misconduct and define prohibited conduct.
- Describe the reporting, investigation, and grievance procedures for allegations of sexual misconduct.
- Define the roles of various individuals at Sauk Valley Community College involved in the investigation and adjudication of reported instances of sexual misconduct.
- Outline the resources available to all parties in reported sexual misconduct cases.
- Provide appropriate training to all employees, students and others involved in sexual misconduct cases.