SEE THE WORLD AND EARN COLLEGE CREDIT
The SVCC Study Abroad website provides resources on SVCC study abroad, non-SVCC study abroad opportunities, funding resources, international internship and job links, and faculty/staff overseas professional development opportunities.
Click the Headings Below for Additional Information
Sauk offers semester and summer study abroad programs for Sauk college credit through the Illinois Consortium for International Studies and Programs (ICISP). Program countries may include Austria, Cambodia, China, Costa Rica, England, France, Ireland, and Spain. The study abroad program allows students to explore the world, travel, and receive college credit.
Guidelines, requirements, and deadlines for student participation in study abroad programs are set by ICISP and may vary by program and semester. For details, please contact Professor Paul R. Edleman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-835-6265, or refer to the ICISP website, www.ICISP.org.
A student’s enrollment in a study abroad program approved for credit by SVCC may be considered enrollment at SVCC for the purpose of applying for assistance under the FSA programs.
Study Abroad Programs:
- Applications for Fall Semester Study Abroad Due: May 15
- Applications for Spring Semester Study Abroad Due: October 15
- Applications for Summer Due: February 15 or March 15, Depending on the Program
Summer 2023 Programs (Updated as information becomes available.)
- Oakton Community College - Exploring Ghana: History, Culture and Community (Deadline: February 15, 2023)
- Center for Khmer Studies
- Junior Resident Fellows Program (Deadline: March 31, 2023)
- The Asia Institute
- Boren Awards for International Study
- Freeman Awards for Study in Asia (Freeman-Asia)
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Gilman Scholarship
- George J. Mitchell Scholarship
- National Italian American Foundation Scholarship Program
- Order Sons of Italy in America General Scholarship
- Oxford and Rhodes Scholarships
- Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- Sons of Norway
U.S. Department of State: Internships and fellowships for undergraduate and graduate students at Washington, DC headquarters and U.S. embassies, consulates, and missions worldwide. Explore postgraduate Civil Service career paths as well. See website.
U.S.-ASEAN Business Council: Semester policy and research internships based in Washington, DC. Recent graduates encouraged to apply. Email email@example.com. See website.
Center for Strategic and International Studies: Full-time positions and part-time internships for students and recent graduates interested in gaining practical experiences in public policy. Rolling deadlines to apply. See website.
Eurasia Group: See website for career opportunities.
Globaljobs.org: Turn area studies into an internship or a career. See job listings at NGOs, think tanks, government, and private-sector employers. See website.
Devex: International aid and development jobs in 1,000 agencies, companies, and NGOs in 100 countries. See website.
Devnetjobs.org: International development jobs and consulting opportunities. See website.
National Endowment for the Humanities
- Professional Development Programs Summer (Deadline: March 3, 2023)
International Studies Research Lab, Univ. of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- International Studies Research Lab (ISRL)
- Application (Deadline: March 24, 2023)
Two-Week International Professional Exchanges with Finland and the Netherlands
- Program Overview
- Program Application Form (Deadline: April 1, 2023)
European Union Center, Univ. of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- CC/MSI Course Development Grant Call for Proposals (Deadline: May 14, 2023)
- Summer Curriculum Workshop