Helpful Tools and Resources
Below, you will find links to online resources that may prove useful to you during your time at Sauk Valley Community College.
- The SVCC Library offers access to a wide variety of databases where you can find books, scholarly articles, newspaper articles, and other sources for your academic essays. If you have a specific text that you need access to, there is a very good chance the library staff can get it for you.
- The SVCC Tutoring page has information on the other tutoring services available at Sauk. If you need help with math, chemistry, biology, or some other non-writing subject, they can get you the help you need.
- The Modern Language Association (MLA) Style Center will have the latest information on MLA style and formatting, which is often used for essays written for English and Literature classes.
- The Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS) Online will have the latest information on Chicago style and formatting, which is often used for essays written for History classes.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Style Guide will have the latest information on APA style and formatting, which is used for Psychology and many science classes.
- If you need to create a works cited page or a bibliography, NoodleTools Express is a free and easy to use program that will walk you through the creation of your citations by having you choose a citation style and a type of source, and then it will have you fill in a series of text boxes with bibliographic information about the source. You supply the information, and it handles the formatting.