SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Business and Facilities
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for maintaining a proper system of accounting, purchasing, inventory control, payroll, financial reporting, and budgetary control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain an effective system of accounting, payroll, purchasing, and budgetary control.
- Prepare various reports for the Dean of Business Services, President, Board of Trustees, and federal, state, and local offices.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of the annual audit.
- Train College staff in fiscal procedures.
- Oversee grant expenditures.
- Oversee inventory and security of all College equipment.
- Assist in the cashiering function when needed.
- Maintain professional contact through participation in necessary seminars and professional meetings.
- Develop in cooperation with the supervisor annual goals and objectives.
- Prepare and submit to the supervisor an annual report summarizing the accomplishments of the previous year.
- Prepare bank account reconciliation.
- Prepare annual 1098-T’s, 1095’s, and W-2’s.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations and staff of the Business Office.
- Assume all other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to department personnel and the institution.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Maintain regular contact with departments, divisions, and appropriate personnel to ensure that the business services division functions effectively. Frequent interaction and personal contact with students, the general public, outside organizations, and state governing boards pertaining to the division.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over the Accounting Assistants.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, two years accounting experience preferably in a college setting, and demonstrated interpersonal and public relations skills required. Computer experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and accounting software required. General working knowledge of GASB.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.