Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for maintaining financial procedures and confirming financial compliance with College Board Policy and State and federal laws and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review financial statements for accuracy and legal compliance.
- Perform operational analysis and recommend process improvements and cost reductions.
- Organize and update financial records in College ERP system.
- Ensure grant compliance and oversee expenditures, accounting, and reporting.
- Prepare or review account reconciliation.
- Prepare and file tax returns.
- Maintain fixed assets.
- Assist with the annual audit and budget preparation.
- Train College staff in fiscal procedures.
- Assist with Foundation bookkeeping, reconciliation, and audit preparation.
- Prepare various reports for the Vice President of Business Services, President, Board of Trustees, and federal, state, and local offices.
- Maintain professional contact through participation in necessary seminars and professional meetings.
- Develop annual goals and objectives in cooperation with supervisor.
- Assume all other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to department personnel and the institution.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Maintain regular contact with departments, divisions, and appropriate personnel to ensure that the business services division functions effectively. Frequent interaction and personal contact with students, the general public, outside organizations, and state governing boards pertaining to the division.
No supervision required.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, two years accounting experience preferably in a college setting, and demonstrated interpersonal and public relations skills required. Computer experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and accounting software required. General working knowledge of GASB.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.