Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Assistant Director of Facilities
CATEGORY:Full-time or Part-time Support
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform a variety of activities involved in maintaining the College in a clean, sanitary and orderly manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a variety of activities involved in maintaining designated areas in a clean, sanitary and orderly manner.
- Dust, mop, vacuum, wax, and seal hard surface floors and carpets as appropriate.
- Clean lavatories and replenish lavatory supplies.
- Move furniture; participate in arranging and setting up for special occasions as requested.
- Clean and polish windows, water fountains, furniture, banisters, walls and the like.
- Pick up trash on all floors and remove to dumpster.
- Pick up recycling on all floors and schedule recycling pick ups.
- May train work-study students in equipment handling and procedures; may assign and oversee work.
- Report acts of vandalism and theft to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain cleaning equipment in good working order and properly store when not in use; report need for repairs to appropriate personnel.
- Read and understand the safety requirements as outlined for all cleaning products as displayed on SDS sheets.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone or e-mail on a daily basis.
- Must be able to understand and provide verbal/visual orders to staff.
- Must be able to use, demonstrate and train personnel on custodial equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., push and pull 500 lbs. on a cart.
- Must pass fork life training and licensing requirements.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Contact is made as appropriate with all levels of College staff, the general public, and civic groups pertaining to work requests, special arrangements and set-ups for special events.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College work-study students.
High school diploma or GED required. One year of custodial experience is preferred. General knowledge of good housekeeping and sanitation procedures is required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.