Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible accounting activities involved in general Business Office functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform cashiering duties for the College; assisting students and College departments out front in the Business Office and over the phone.
- Prepare account reconciliation.
- Assist in the preparation of the College’s payroll preparation.
- Reconciling disbursement ledgers and preparing checks and electronic disbursements.
- Post journal entries to the general ledger.
- Assist with Business Office administration functions; budget, purchasing, inventory, and mail.
- Assist and back-up other accounting functions in the Business Office.
- Develop annual goals and objectives in cooperation with supervisor.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to department personnel and the institution.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to use various accounting applications.
Maintain regular contact with departments, divisions, and appropriate personnel to ensure that the business services division functions effectively. Frequent interaction and personal contact with students, the general public, outside organizations, and state governing boards pertaining to the division.
Associate’s degree in business or accounting or equivalent education and experience is required. Knowledge of general accounting principles, experience with computerized accounting software, experience with Microsoft Excel, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality of student and personnel records is required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.