Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Accounts Receivable Assistant / Cashier
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform a variety of accounting and cashiering functions for the College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cashiering services for students and College departments.
- Prepare account reconciliation.
- Assist with Business Office clerical functions.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from student or departmental deposits.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records filing invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information on student and customer accounts.
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with the Accounts Receivable Specialist.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining student accounts, corporate accounts, and grant accounts.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor and the Accounts Receivable Specialist.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations.
- Must be able to work with computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours.
- Must apply appropriate discretion with confidential student or College information and/or Personally Identifiable information (PII).
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
Associate’s degree in business or accounting or equivalent education and experience is required. Knowledge of general accounting principles, experience with computerized accounting software, experience with Microsoft Excel, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality of student records is required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.