Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Academics and Student Services
DEPARTMENT:Business, Career, and Technical Programs
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Assist the Vice President of Academics and Student Services in the operation of the academic services division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for hiring, training, observing, and reviewing of career/technical faculty (excluding health professions).
- Responsible for quality assurance of dual credit courses in career/technical education, including the coordination and scheduling of course offerings, approval of dual credit faculty qualifications, observation and evaluation of faculty, and providing appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Assist in resolving student complaints and concerns relating to faculty or instructional matters.
- Assist in the preparation of the instructional schedule for each semester, and in reviewing or submitting the final schedule to the Vice President of Academics and Student Services.
- Assist with ensuring that appropriate and qualified faculty exist to teach all courses offered.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual academics services division budget.
- In collaboration with the vice president, assist in preparation of all state and federal reports for the Perkins and other grants administered by academic services.
- Serve as a member of Leadership Council.
- In collaboration with the faculty leader, develop and assist with annual goal planning for career/technical areas through the operational planning process.
- Administer all aspects of the CDL and Truck Driving Entrepreneurship certificates, including partnerships with companies performing contractual services.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
Maintain regular contact with departments, divisions, appropriate personnel, and career/technical faculty to ensure that programs in the academic services division function effectively. Frequent interaction and personal contact with community leaders, the general public, outside organizations, and state governing boards pertaining to the academic services division.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over designated faculty.
Master’s degree required. Evidence of support for the mission of a comprehensive community college with business or industrial experience, appreciation of teamwork, excellent oral and written communication skills, and computer literacy required. Knowledge/experience with alternative teaching/learning options, curriculum design and evaluation is a must. Must have the ability to contribute to instructional vitality and growth.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.