Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Financial Assistance Advisor - Scholarship and Work-Study
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Financial Assistance
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Advise students and perform technical office activities related to student financial assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for daily contact with parents, students, and community residents regarding Federal, State, and institutional financial assistance questions, eligibility, and procedures.
- Review and complete financial aid applications, determine student eligibility, and award funds based on Federal, State and institutional regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student records/files and comply with FERPA/GLB regulations.
- Apply Federal PELL Grant, Supplemental Educational Opportunities Grant, and work-study funds to student accounts.
- Maintain and update private scholarship postings on the website and in handbooks.
- Assist supervisor with working with the Foundation in the verification of scholarship awards, notifying students, and maintaining files for auditors.
- Responsible for training, hiring, and supervision of Federal work-study students for the College.
- Assist applicants in completing free applications for Federal Student aid, private and Foundation scholarship applications, Federal and State Veteran benefit applications, and required Federal verification materials.
- Assist with completing non-verification files.
- Responsible for the application and reconciliation of the Supplemental Educational Opportunities Grant.
- Assist supervisor in identifying and improving electronic processes for Federal and State programs.
- Assist supervisor and Foundation with reconciliation of scholarship and foundations funds.
- Assist supervisor with ensuring accuracy of return calculations for students who are subject to the Federal return of TITLE IV fund policy using R2T4 web software.
- Assist supervisor in working with high school students in processing the Sauk Scholar program.
- Act as an alternate certifying official for Veteran benefit information and certifications using VAONCE software.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders and presentations from supervisor and to subordinates and the general public.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able work flexible hours including some evenings and weekend.
Daily contact with College personnel, faculty, students, and the general public in the routine performance of duties and departmental services. Substantial contact with government organizations, lending agencies, and other colleges.
Functional supervision is exercised over designed College work-study personnel.
Associate’s degree is required. Two years of financial aid experience in a community college setting preferred. Must have the ability to represent College and financial assistance office in a professional manner. Experience with word processing software required; experience in EdConnect and SCT Banner financial software preferred. Strong internal, written, and oral communication skills, and ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced work environment are required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.