Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Facilities
- Assistant Director of Facilities
TITLE:Learning Commons Writing Center Coordinator
SUPERVISED BY:Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical (grant funded)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
The coordinator is responsible for organizing and coordinating the writing center and its services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and oversee procedures and assessment needs for the daily operation of the Learning Commons Writing Center.
- Provide training for learning commons writing center tutors.
- Serve as a lead Learning Commons Writing Center tutor.
- Evaluate and order appropriate instructional materials for Learning Commons Writing Center.
- Work with faculty and staff to identify and deliver needed services to students.
- Promote Learning Commons Writing Center through classroom visits, facility tours, and assorted publications.
- Establish annual goals for the Writing Center evaluate operations; prepare statistical and annual reports of accomplishments and concerns.
- Develop annual budget in coordination with supervisor; procure supplies and equipment.
- Assist the Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator with the supervision, hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluation of employees within the Learning Commons Writing Center.
- Plan and execute the Writing Center-sponsored special events.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent computer skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work some evenings.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Bachelor’s degree in Composition, English, Rhetoric or a closely related field; master’s degree preferred. Strong computer and technical skills, good oral and written communications skills, knowledge of alternative teaching/learning options, appreciation of teamwork, and evidence of the ability to communicate with faculty, students, and administrators required. Appropriate administrative experience preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.