Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Health Professions
CATEGORY:Part-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Work with the Radiologic Technology Coordinator in hands-on instruction of students at clinical sites within the College district.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in hands-on instruction of students in radiographic positioning, technique and allied activities.
- In cooperation with the affiliate department’s chief technologist, devise and supervise students’ clinical assignment schedules.
- Devise and implement recordkeeping systems regarding student attendance. Maintain and submit students’ monthly attendance records
- In cooperation with program and clinical coordinator, evaluate students through midterm and final clinical evaluation forms and competency evaluation forms.
- Confer with students in regard to clinical performance, strengths and weaknesses.
- Establish and conduct formal image critique assessment for each student. Provide topic schedules in advance.
- Responsible for effective evaluation in the following courses: RAD 101, 102, 103, 284, 200, and 201.
- Maintain liaison with evening clinical shift personnel.
- Attend clinical instructor meetings. Attend RSNA and ISSRT conference meetings.
- Participate with clinical simulations at the College at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters, grading students on performance of simulated exams.
- Meet with clinical instructors at assigned clinical sites in regard to student assignments and clinical performance.
- Membership in appropriate professional organizations. Current documentation on file with Administrative Assistant to Health Professions.
- Revise and implement clinical policies yearly with the program and clinical coordinator.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Radiologic Technology Coordinator.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must be able to operate computers.
- Must have access to transportation to travel to various clinical sites located throughout the College District.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to perform CPR.
- Hours may vary.
Frequent interaction and personal contact with health agencies, facilitators, and the general public.
AAS degree with two years full-time clinical experience working with JRCERT Radiologic Technology students required. Must possess proficiency in student supervision, instruction, and evaluation. Knowledge of current Radiologic Technology/Diagnostic Imaging methods and ability to instruct students in positioning, radiation protection, and equipment use. Must hold American Registry of Radiologic Technologists certification and registration in the discipline and licensed with IEMA.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.